Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life Goes On.

So we got our dog. She's cute, right? Just wait till you see her excrete waste on the carpet, AFTER you've been outside with her for 15 minutes getting eaten up by bugs. Not so cute anymore. Yeah, I don't know what it is about our yard, I'm thinking it's the trees, but I come back inside with no less than three bug bites every time I take her out. Matthew, of course, is not bothered by them. It probably has to do with the multiple trees and bushes the neighbors have growing over and through our fence, not to mention the tree that continually presses upon our bathroom skylight. That's a hazard, that is.

Well, so you have that bug problem which keeps me from making Daisy stay outside for an extended period of time. My dog's high maintenance is another problem. If the grass is wet, heaven forbid Daisy has to walk through it. She will walk all along the flowerbeds, sidewalk, stepping stones, and any other surface that has no grass to get to you. Then, if she is feeling especially prissy, she will stay at the door and keep jumping at it, thinking it will open for her. Yeah. I don't know.

What about night time, eh? Does she sleep well at night? OH YEAH! Know why? Because she sleeps in our bed. Oh we've tried the kennel thing. She will bark and whine for FOR-EV-ER. There is no way we could sleep with her making that much noise, so we put her on our bed and get a little bit of sleep. Sometimes I dream that I smell dog poop and sit straight up and find Daisy sleeping. Funny thing is, she hasn't had any accidents on our bed at night. She's only had one, and that was because Matthew was playing with her on the bed before we went to sleep.

The first few days, Daisy was very quiet (unless we put her in the kennel at night). Isaac made the comment that she doesn't bark when she plays. Well, I think she had to adjust. She found Matt's empty Pepsi bottle and thought it was an evil spaceship filled with aliens come to abduct me (or something to that nature) and would not stop barking at it. Hence this video:

The next morning, Matthew showed her how to conquer said bottle, and now likes to chase them around the house. She also likes to walk on the laptop while we are using it, chew on electrical cords, and walk on the top of the couch and sleep there (like a cat, but she's a dog, so it's ok).

Well enough about Daisy. You know that awesome job I got at the beginning of August? I found out this week that they are going to be decreasing my hours to only 30 hours per week, which means I can't afford to stay at this job. Ugh... So now I'm back to searching for a job. Hopefully it won't be as stressful this time because I can stay at the receptionist job until they have found someone to replace me. And hopefully I get a job before that time. I've got a couple of options that I'm waiting to hear about.

Matthew is just starting to realize how stressful college can be. It's been about three semesters since he has had classes full time, and he is also working full time (bless his heart - it's all because he love me). He has mentioned that Shelton (community college in Tuscaloosa) is much different than Calhoun (in Huntsville). Matthew needs to catch up, is all. He is so smart, just out of practice because of his mission (which he has no regrets about) and getting married (no regrets there either, ok?!). I'm so happy that I continued my education, because now that I went to school for about 17ish years straight, I teach him the ins and outs of learning from a textbook and teaching yourself when your foreign professor can't. It will all work out.

"Come what may and love it," right? I've always been able to rely on my parents for support and to fix things when they go wrong. While I still do that at times, and they are happy to help me, I find that being married has made me grow up. I now rely more on the Lord and my husband through these difficult times. I've just got to remember to have faith, and everything will fall into place. While I wait, I've got to enjoy life as much as possible, right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment