Yes. Matthew and I got our puppy today. She is a West Highland terrier, about 7 weeks old. She is adorable. Her fur will look thicker and prettier as she gets older. The breeder said that she would sleep all the way home. NOT! Daisy kept trying to crawl up on us, onto our backs. My neck and arms are all scratched up from the hour long car ride back. Right after we got her, we took her to PetSmart to get her some dog food and toys. Then we went to my mom and dad's to show her off and get her acquainted with Bessie, their dog. So we picked Daisy up about 9:30 this morning, and she has YET to pee. I've taken her outside multiple times and walked around with her, but she doesn't seem to have the need to pee. Matt left for work around 12:45, and that's when she started falling asleep. I carried her to the bedding we have for her and stroked her till she fell asleep, but she kept moving around. Finally, when I got up to blow my nose, she got up and followed me. So I took her outside in case she had to pee. NOPE... We came back inside, and she fell right asleep next to my foot. Any time I try to move my foot she wakes up. I think she misses her family sleeping on top of each other. Tonight is going to be a LOOOONG night. We shall see. Oh yeah. Our backyard neighbors have like, four dogs, and the neighbor to the left of us has a huge dog. That huge dog is the one that keeps us up all night because our bedroom is on that side of the house, and the dog will bark all night long. Blah. When I took Daisy outside, they all started flipping out and barking. They aren't small dogs, let me tell you. So we will have to deal with that somehow.
In other news, my boss told me this week that he got the requisition to hire me. I don't know if that means from the temp agency or from Ridgeview, but we'll see. He said that we would talk about it, but he has been very busy with conference calls and out in the plant. Apparently there are some new programs that they are still getting started, so they have all been super busy. Matt started school this Monday. He can't understand the foreign teacher for his engineering class. He also said that he's never had homework the first week of school before, which he did this semester! Thursday was his last day to work at Sam's night shift, so hopefully Matthew will be able to catch up on some sleep. I don't think he will be so worn out since he isn't working nights anymore.
Well I think that's it for now... One more picture of Daisy though:
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment