That's right. I'm so cool with doing small craft things. It's funny, though, because the desk that we found to fix up and use in like, June? Still sitting on the back porch. The trim in the guest bedroom? Still has green paint from the walls on it. Pictures in the frames? Still sitting in the closet. The living room? Practically no decorations whatsoever. Crafty I say? Yes. When I feel like it. For instance, when I got my nook in January. Now, this nook (Barnes & Noble eReader, for those of you living in a cave - it goes with me everywhere) was over two hundred dollars when I bought it. Matt and I had just gotten married, so I was only able to buy it because I received a check from the University of Alabama for my extra scholarship money. Because it was so expensive, and I in no way wanted to spend anther $70 to buy the insurance for it, I needed to keep it pristine. The covers were all about $30, and this was before B&N gave free shipping to members and the nook accessories were sold in stores. So I made my own nook. I had leftover fleece and material from the curtains I made (yet another "I felt like it" - we needed to keep the sun out and warm in). I used the fleece as padding and even sewed snaps on to keep the case closed. It was awesome, if I do say so myself. Hand-sewn and everything. People didn't believe I made it. Last night, my genius was present once again. I had some houndstooth ribbon (Roll Tide) and made a collar for Daisy with it. She had two collars, and one was dirty from her playing underneath the shed with Bessie. So I cut that one up and used the buckles and whatnot to make her a collar! Hand-sewn. She is only allowed to wear that one when she is NOT going to get dirty, because it is white, and I don't know how well the ribbon will wash multiple times. Anyway. Picture:
Enough of that. I just had to show how amazing I am. Now for an update on our actual lives haha. Matt's birthday was last week. We ate a Logan's and went to Publix and got him some Scottish candy. I had no idea what he wanted for his birthday, and our money is practically spoken for with all the bills, so I told him to just buy himself a present. He wanted a new deer stand chair for the stand he moved around at the farm. He was trying to convince himself that a cheap one will do, but I made him buy the more expensive one so that he can use it in the stand and on the ground. Matthew deserves a few luxuries every once in a while. Like buying a container of Rocky Road ice cream and not sharing with me because I said I don't like the marshmellows that much.
On the job front... My stint as a receptionist ends this Friday. I think. No one here ever really tells me anything. Chase Layton helped me out and turned my resume into his boss at SEA Wire. She called me Monday and we are meeting tomorrow to talk about job possibilities. Yay! What is REALLY frustrating is that the public library called me yesterday, asking if I was interested in the job I applied for in July. Now, yes, I got a degree in teaching. But two and a half years into that degree, I decided that I wanted to become a librarian. My goal then included graduating with a Bachelor's in Education, and going straight into my Master's for Library Science. Then I met Matt, and the Lord told us we needed to get married. So now we are focusing on Matt's school so that we can start a family and have a reasonably stable income. After you know all this, you ask, "Why is being offered a job at the library frustrating? It's your dream come true!" Yes! It is! Especially since this job possibility arrived right when I actually needed a new job. BUT... It only pays $9 an hour. I'd get nice benefits and such, but I just feel that if I get offered the job at SEA Wire it would take more stress off of Matthew while he is in school. So it's really a choice between what I should do and what I want to do, if I'm even offered either of these jobs. We shall see how this plays out.
Matt is getting tired of working weekends. He says he is going to try to find another job that pays well and is a better schedule for him and his classes. Matthew is getting the hang of his classes now, especially since the whole class ganged (gung? haha) up on the professor and made him realize that they had no idea what he was talking about. I'm also able to help him understand what the chemistry teacher is saying because I still remember from high school and my brief semester as an engineer in college. He's doing well, he just needs to learn how to take the notes from class and the book and teach himself when teachers aren't doing their job very well. It's the trick of college.
While all this is going on, Daisy has had an upset stomach. She has been eating too much and stuff that's not good for her. We are trying to get her stomach regluated now. I think she is feeling better. She started to poop in the bathroom this morning while I was getting ready, but I rushed her outside. Goodness did she have to poop. It was a lot for such a little dog haha. Not that you wanted to hear that, but it shows that maybe her system is working out the kinks now. That is good.
To wrap up: Our family has some things to work out, but nothing we can't handle. Just unpleasant at times. Would we fully appreciate the good times, though, if there were no difficult times as well? Hmm....
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment