We all went out to the farm Monday morning. Yay. We tried to play kickball with John Michael, but the ball couldn't really be thrown that well and John Michael just wanted to kick it. We ended up making John Michael the permanent pitcher (kicked the ball to the kicker). Then we grilled some hot dogs and had lunch. After that, Pappy put us to work making fences around the apple trees so that the deer won't eat them. A few of us wanted to chill and relax because 1) it was Labor Day and 2) there was no mention of work when we planned the lunch. I got Mom to go down and talk some sense into Pappy no more work! Or so I thought...
 |
| Kickball! |
 |
| John Michael pitching the ball. |
 |
| Lunch. |
 |
| Daisy begging for food. We had to keep feeding her Cheerios so that she wouldn't bug everyone else. |
 |
| Aaron pretending to work. That boy to the left is Logan Carter, Smyly's friend. He was forced to work as well. |
Matt, Isaac, Ruth, and I all decided to go for a ride on the ATV/RTVs. Apparently, since Matt and Isaac were driving, it wasn't to be a "ride." It was a way to get to the abandoned deer stand so that Matt could place it at a good spot for hunting season. We basically spent the next hour or so watching Matt and Isaac working on the deer stand. They must have put it about four different ways before the angle was good, the appropriate branches were sawed off, and a hole dug in the dirt so that the stand would be even. I didn't even ask what happens when it rains and that hole may get a little deeper or some such. I was ready to get out of there haha. Woo... So now Matt is so flippin excited for hunting season. He said that Jeremy Blowers wants him to go to Mississippi with him sometime this season. I told him he can only go hunting on weekends that he has done all his homework and studied for any tests. Oh, and if he can somehow ask off work for the whole weekend. He laughed. Thought I was kidding. I wasn't. :)
 |
| Matt and Isaac working on the deer stand. |
No comments:
Post a Comment