Saturday, May 28, 2011

New Floors!

Yesterday my family (Dad, Mom, Anna, Michael, John Michael, Isaac, and Ruth) came over to put in our hardwood floors! Then today Dad and Mom came back over to nail down the quarter round. I'll have to paint the quarter round, and we still have a few transition strips for the doorways we need to put down, but it looks SO LOVELY!! Thanks guys!

The furniture arrangement is not our first choice right now, but we have to figure out a way to run the cable through the ceiling/attic and down the interior wall for the TV. We don't have the carpet to hide the cable running around the room anymore... We'll just have to work with it until then. I called Knology to see if they would do it... It would cost $40 for them to come assess it, then another $35 to actually do it. Stupid.

So I've been cleaning or doing SOMETHING all day today. Mom gave me the files to download a fun church game for the 4 year-olds I teach in Primary. I ran out of laminating sheets, so I'll have to finish that tomorrow. Matt (he loves me so much) is picking some up on his way home from work right now...

I also made this cute box! I bought the material for $2.00/yd at Wal-mart and covered an empty B&N box I had. This is where Daisy's toys will go from now on.
Welp... Matt's home! More later!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! We can't wait to see your home in real life! Hopefully sometime soon.... stupid expensive plane tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing Charity! you guys did great!!

    ReplyDelete