Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day!

Well this month has been exciting so far. Daisy is doing well, acting like she never even had surgery at all. We are STILL painting the house (more like, we just haven't FINISHED painting... we haven't picked up a brush in about two weeks). The chair rail is still nonexistent. But we are working on that.

I came home today and Matthew had left a vase of flowers for me on the coffee table. He also cleaned the house and started the laundry. What a lovely valentine present! I love him so much. He is so good to me. I am so happy to be sealed to him so that we can be together forever. He "completes me." haha...

This past weekend was amazing. Saturday we traded in the Tracker and got a new car! Well, it is used, but still. It is a 2010 Ford Focus with 32,000 miles on it. It was a program car, so most of those miles are highway miles. It is so cute! The Tracker had 73,000 miles. There was hail damage at one time, so it had been repainted. The dealer almost didn't give us enough for it as a trade-in, so we started to walk away. He was mean about it. Then our sales guy followed us out and asked what he could do so that we get the car. I told him that the other guy was really mean and not very good at customer service and that I did not appreciate being talked to like that. Then I started crying. Our sales guy said he would make the guy give us $3,000 for the Tracker because he made me cry haha. I cry at the most random times. Apparently this time it was a good thing. Anyway, Matthew and I both love the new car. It is way more gas efficient than the Tracker was, and since I am driving 40 miles total to work and back every day, we are saving money. We are planning on using the tax return this year to pay off the rest of Matt's truck, then we will only have one car payment again. We definitely prayed about such a big decision beforehand though. We know the Lord has blessed us with this great opportunity, and as long as we follow His commandments and pay our tithing, we will be fine. Let's have a moment for the old Tracker:



After we bought our car, Matt and I met up with Robert and Allison Callahan to take wedding pictures of us! I know, it's a year after the wedding, but hey... It works out for both of us! Robert gets some more pictures to add to his portfolio and Matthew and I get better pictures of us at the farm. Xina had taken some of us before the wedding, and there were some really good ones, but they didn't have that professional look to them. We are excited to see how they turned out.

We dropped Robert and Allison off, then Matt and I went to Chili's for our Valentine's day dinner. It was delicious. Everything was cooked just right. We stopped by Target to get a present for Ruth's birthday then went to Mom's and watched the Prince of Persia. It was such a good day.

This week and next week I will have to go into work early or work through lunch in order to make up the hours I will be missing for Michelle's wedding next Friday. My manager is not making it easy, even though she thinks she is. I should have just taken a sick day, but since I had already asked about when my vacation days and such start, she would know. Ugh. I'm going to be tired and cranky these next couple of weeks... I am going to have to help Mom make my dress for the wedding too. She has been going nonstop with so much stuff since I found out I needed to wear purple that we've not had a chance to get together and work on it. I'm sure it will all work out. Mom will probably be doing most of the work, though...

This Thursday we are getting a new heating and air unit. The one we have now is kaput.  It is barely working. So that is something ELSE we have to pay for... We are planning on making the payments this year and then paying them off with our tax return next year. Matthew and I pretty much have the tax return for the next few years already planned out. Why is money so hard to come by? Hopefully I get some sort of raise this year...

Anyway. So as you can tell, we have been super busy. I like being busy, but I also like laying around at home with Matt and Daisy doing absolutely nothing. I wish there were more days we could do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment