The last day of January. I don't even know if I can remember everything that has happened. I guess we can start with the first snow storm of the new year! It happened around January 12... maybe a day or so before that. We all went out to the farm and hooked up sleds to the ATVs and pulled them around. We brought Daisy and Bessie, but we had to chain Daisy up because she kept running into the horses fence and barking at them. It was great fun. The snow was so deep, Daisy had to leap across the ground to get from one place to the next. It was hilarious to watch her! You can see from the pictures how deep the snow was. She had a blast digging in it.
That was the most fun so far this year. Matt and I decided a couple of weekends ago that we would paint the front bathroom, hall, kitchen, and living room a lighter beige. It looks really good, much better than the yellow neutral that used to be up. I asked my family to come over one Monday night while Matt was working to help me paint some more, and that was so nice. However, we are STILL working on it. We have about two more walls in the living room for the second coat, then Matt decided to finish the painting totally and he has primed the dining room and front entryway. It seems to have taken FOREVER, especially since I have to paint all the trim because it is so old and chipped. We will get there though. I can't wait for it to be done so that I can relax again. I feel like since the house is such a mess and the furniture is all pushed together, I can't fully relax. Hopefully it is just one more week...
We also got Daisy spayed this past weekend. I've never had a dog fixed, so I don't really know what is normal or not. Matthew and I have texted Robert and Allison Callahan a lot, just to be sure! I think she is doing well now. She hasn't really slowed down any, but is really jumpy. We are hoping that is just a temporary thing, and she will get back to normal soon!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment