Friday, July 20, 2012

"Do not attack me with your watch!"


Jane Austen. "Oh! Do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow." She may have been using it in a different context, but I most definitely feel this way. I can't keep up with the days as they fly by, but looking back over these pictures, I can't believe how much we have crammed into just a few weeks! And there is only more to come! I've put most (or all) of these pictures on facebook, but this is my "journal." It's also a place for long distance family and friends to see how our family is growing and changing. This post is more of a timeline than a real blog entry. Like I said, I'm trying to keep up with everything that is going and STILL being a good mom by keeping record of our lives haha. I cannot believe how much Peyton has grown and developed. He is such a big boy, and I'm excited to see him learn and grow, but I'm trying to hold on to every moment possible! Here are some of the fun things that have happened in our lives recently.

First, here is a picture from Jacob's blessing! The kids were wiped out... It was pretty funny.
 (6/10/12)

 This is Matt's Father's Day present! I posted a picture last time of just the shirts, but here they are wearing them! They are so "awesome" haha.
(6/17/12)

Just a cute picture of my boys having lunch with me.
(6/22/12)

This is the stupendous diaper bag I made.
(6/24/12)

 Waiting to go on the boat! It was so much fun. First time Peyton went swimming in the river, and he LOVED it! Well, actually he just kind of floated along, but he didn't scream like he did at the Botanical Gardens when I put him in the pond. Yay!
(6/30)






Ok. Now that we've gotten through the end of June, here comes July!

Xina and Peyton!

Getting ready for the 4th of July!! I think he is going to be a car guy like his daddy... Oh man. I have more pictures of us on the river, but I have to get them from Mom. It may be next post before we see them. But I have pictures of us watching fireworks! It actually got pretty chilly, and I just so happened to have a t-shirt of mine in my bag. So I put it on Peyton as a sleeping gown. He loved it. haha...









Peyton has been teething for quite a few months now. He loves his walker (we've rolled up our area rug so that he can have free reign of the living room. I've got video I'll add later). And he loves to chew...
(7/5/12)


Such a rebel... Already trying to find a way around the safeties placed for him.
(7/7/12)


Mama's Birthday! (sleepy face)
(7/11/12)

We had applesauce for the first time! It was pretty funny. I should have gotten Matt to video tape it. His eyes got VERY WIDE, and he just kind of stopped. Then he kept pursing his lips (like below) and smacking them together. He got used to it about the third day.
(7/11/12)

Matt finished the bathroom! Well, almost. He still has several small things to do, but it is usable, and that's the main point! Yay for Matt!
(7/12/12)




I made these for birthdays at work and the Boy Scout's spaghetti dinner. 90% of the people who ate them absolutely loved them! The other 10% was just a very picky person...
(7/12/12)

Bessie and Peyton are best friends :)  She lets him grab on her and "pet" her. So sweet...
(7/13/12)

He's found his toes...
(7/14/12)

Hunting expo with the family! Nana K and Daddy were here too (she came up for a weekend visit!), but I didn't think to get a picture with all of us there. I do have pictures of the four us from that weekend, but I have to get those from my mom too...
(7/14/12)

Gonna be a hunter like his Daddy as well... I am definitely going to have my hands full.
 (7/15/12)

Even SLEEPS like his daddy, with one arm propped up. I love my boys.

Helping Daddy at work!
(7/20/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment