Oh my... This year, Thanksgiving was pretty busy. Thursday Matthew and I woke up and started studying, then we headed over around 11 to Xina's house where Thanksgiving lunch was being held. It was delicious. Matthew had to leave a bit early to go to work for a few hours, and Mom, Dad, Aaron, Lauren, Isaac, Ruth and I went to the farm. Oh yeah... So did Bessie, Maggie, and Britches (Aaron and Lauren's new puppy). It was great fun.
Then we came back over to Mom's for a Thanksgiving leftover dinner (Matthew was off work by this time). Then we kind of lounged around and planned the Black Friday shopping. Matthew and I went to Walmart around 8:30 (sales started at 10pm) to get a padded storage bench/ottoman, and we picked one up for Lauren and Aaron too. We found them on the sides of the aisles, not shrink wrapped, so we put them in our carts (three different Walmart employees told us that it was ok, because they were not shrink wrapped). Well... people started complaining, so some silly manager took our ottomans and put them behind the paint counter and said we had to wait until 10pm. The guy behind the counter told Matthew that the manager was stupid and he just handed Matt back our ottomans when 10pm rolled around. Whatevs. Lauren and Aaron went to Target at 12pm and picked us up a $30 pre-lit, 6.5' Christmas tree! We wanted the $25 knife set too, but they only had one left and Aaron and Lauren got it. It's ok, because we have Mom and Dad's old set and Aaron didn't have any at all. Besides, I want some red knives... so we are just going to have to shop the sales for those!
Friday morning everyone went to Aaron's house to help him put up his fence. I stayed home and started painting the baby room. I was going to use Xina's projector, but decided that by the time I figured it out, I could have gotten a lot of it done... so I started free-handing it. I think it turned out amazing, and everyone else who has seen it really likes too. Our theme is nature/owls... and when we have another kid (few years down the road), we will add a duck or bunny or something to keep with the nature theme. I also added a few birds around the room, per Lauren's suggestion:
I finished the trees Friday afternoon, then added the birds Saturday morning. Now we just have to organize the closet/get baby stuff. Matthew left around 3 Friday afternoon to go with Chase Layton to the Iron Bowl for the weekend. He needed a break, and the opportunity presented itself.
Aaron's fence wasn't finished until about 5 on Saturday, so Anna brought pizza over to my house so that John Michael could have something to do and so that they guys could catch the end of the Iron Bowl. After everyone left, I did laundry. Yay...
Ok... 28 weeks in 2 days picture:
So now it's Sunday and Matthew got home around 11 so he could go to church with me... and we are over at Mom and Dad's house so that he can study some more for his finals this week. Aaron and Lauren are coming over so that we can watch Once Upon a Time (my favorite show right now - and I got Lauren hooked too!). I'm OH SO NOT READY for this week to start... Slow down December!
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOVE Peyton's room!!!
ReplyDelete