Saturday, August 20, 2011

This Past Month

So much has happened this past month, I just haven't had time to update the blog. Dad, Isaac, Ruth, Anna, John Michael and I went on the boat several weekends ago. Isaac and Anna did kneeboarding, and JM actually wanted to try! We got plenty of pictures... When he actually got on the kneeboard, he was really nervous. Both Anna and Isaac had to hold onto him while Dad drove the boat as slowly as possible. It was pretty good fun!







A few weeks ago Matt found that the corner of our room was wet (the corner on the other side of the bathroom). We figured the bathtub was leaking, which sucks, but we were just going to use the hall bath until we can afford to replace it. Then that night, we notice that the hall bath ceiling is dripping... Matt went up to the attic and realized that the hot water heater burst. YAY! (not really) So we had to turn the water off to the entire house because there wasn't a switch on the actual water heater. Matt and I had to take showers at Mom's and Dad's for the next two days until Dad and Isaac could help Matt put in the new water heater. So now we have water, but we still have to use the hall bath because the master bath is cracked. But that's ok. At least we still have a shower, right?

Ok. Now here is the BIG news... I'M PREGNANT!! Matthew and I are so excited. My first appointment was on my birthday, and the baby was tiny. I just had another appointment and ultrasound yesterday. I'm 13 weeks and due February 22. The baby is so much bigger! We got to see toes and the spine, and the brain... It was unreal. We also watched the baby move around inside. I still can't wrap my head around it. There is something living INSIDE me. Pretty crazy. We will find out the gender in about 9ish weeks. Life is going to be VERY different from here on out, but I'm sure that's a good different. We'll see how it all works out! Updates will hopefully be coming more often as we get things ready for the baby and such.


1 comment: