Oh, Autumn. How lovely thou art... haha. Actually, it has been rather warm these past couple of weeks. Yesterday was the beginning of a stable chilliness (hopefully). Time seems to fly by now. It feels like Halloween was so long ago, but it is also a slap in the face that Thanksgiving is next week! Insanity. I feel like the older I get, the faster time goes by. That's rather philosophical, no? Does time ever really go anywhere though? HA! Try that one on for size. Ok enough of that. Let's see... Last weekend we bought a new sofa and love seat! I know what you're thinking. "You always complain about how poor you are. How could you POSSIBLY afford new furniture?!" Well... I'm still trying to figure that one out. Pay your tithing, kids. It really helps. Anyway. The story here is that I went to Anna's salon to get my hair trimmed and was talking to her about how Matt and I were thinking about getting slipcovers for the furniture we have now. She mentioned that Ashley's furniture (right next door) was having a huge sale and we should go look at it. So she finished my hair and we go look. I discovered that day that my elder sister is an excellent bargain shopper. We walk in, and when I would have said, "No thanks, just looking," Anna said, "Yes. I want a couch for $250." I think I'm taking her with me when we go shopping for expensive things from now on. I sent a picture to Matthew and we decided to get the sofa. While the lady is writing the order up, Matt calls back (he is at work) and asks if they have a loveseat to match. We ended up paying $580 for both, which is an excellent deal seeing as how the couch was $540 and the loveseat was $489 to begin with. Pictures will follow, as soon as they come in. :) This past week I had a gross sinus infection. It happens every time the seasons change. I don't know why I am surprised. I think the doctor should just keep a Z-pak on call for me at the pharmacy, but no. I have to pay a $40 co-pay for her to tell me what I already know is wrong with me. LAME. This past weekEND was pretty much amazing. Friday was a chill night for me, because Matt was at work (again). Daisy and I hung out and cleaned the house up a bit. Alison told us she was coming up the weekend before Thanksgiving to visit, but her plans changed. Oh well. At least the house is cleaner. Saturday morning I dressed up as Cinderella for a little girl's birthday party. I think they loved it. They were the Sunbeams from church. I'm called as an aide for that class, so I figured some of them would recognize me. I think only one of them did, but I played it off. The next day at church he kept asking if I was the princess, but I claimed I had no idea what he was talking about. The wig was a bit off, but it was only $6. I think I look pretty good haha... Saturday afternoon/evening Matthew and I met up with Robert and Allison Callahan. Robert took our pictures at Bridgestreet. He is a wonderful photographer, and he offered us these pictures in exchange for helping him advertise and get business. I think it's a pretty good trade-off. His pictures are marvelous, and just what we needed (I am doing a special project, but won't tell until after Christmas because it is a present for someone). Robert and I have been friends since high school, because we worked at his family's gym after school and some weekends. All four of us seem to just mesh very well, which is exciting because that means we have married people friends! Finding people to hang out with as a couple has been difficult because even though you may be the same age as someone, it's that point in life where being married, single, or married with kids is a huge difference in the relationship you can have with each other. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just different. Anyway. Gradually we will find where we fit, but our schedules are all over the place anyway that we don't have time for much of anything. EXCEPT HARRY POTTER!! I'm so flipping excited about the next Harry Potter movie. Abbey Roland and her boyfriend/fianceƩ Bryce Collins are going with Matt and I to the midnight showing on Thursday. I will be so dead Friday morning, but it will be worth it. Dressing up? Heck yes. Pictures will be posted. Also, Saturday the library is having a Harry Potter Yule Ball!! Matt said he would go with me, and Abbey is bringing Bryce I think. I'm not sure how that will turn out, but I figure we can go for a little bit, considering it is free... and has to do with Harry Potter! I've loved HP since middle school, when the books started coming out. I'm a true fan haha. Seriously. Here is a picture of my siblings and me dressing up for the last book release at Barnes & Noble (my favorite store): I'm hardcore. My goal is to gradually buy all of the Harry Potter books in hardcover. I have them as ebooks, but it's just not the same! Ok. Anyway. Enough of that. I think I'm done. |
Monday, November 15, 2010
Keeping Busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment