Yes, I know it's been a few weeks since I updated, but really? A brand new baby at home... which means new distractions, new chores, new sleep schedule (meaning no sleep at all). I think I'm doing pretty well I believe haha.
Let's see... Since the last post, I had been trying to nurse Peyton, but we had to make sure that he was getting enough to eat so we were feeding him formula as well. On February 1, Peyton randomly started latching on well! It was way exciting... until I realized that he would nurse about 30 minutes on each side, and still need to drink formula to feel satisfied. I think it was because I hadn't been eating and drinking as well as I ought, because ever since I had Peyton, food just doesn't seem to interest me! I know, it's weird. I LOVE food. I dunno. Anyway... I lasted for a week and a half, and this past Monday I just couldn't do it anymore. I was so tired all the time because it would take me an hour and a half to feed Peyton during the night, so I was only getting a few hours of sleep. I prayed about it, and felt that it was good for us because when I start working, I won't be able to keep those hours. I think our family will be much less stressed this way, and we all feel good about it :)
February 4 I had my baby shower! Yes, that's right. Because Peyton was so early, I had my shower two weeks AFTER he was born! It's ok, though. Mom, Anna, and Sister Johnson really helped us out with the necessary stuff we needed until the shower. The shower was at Lauren's house, and it was so much fun! A lot of people showed up, and I got a lot of things I really needed. Alison, Kathy, and Michelle came up for the shower and spent time at the house for a few hours before going back to Tuscaloosa. It was nice to see them again! Mom and I also took some pictures the week before so that people could see what Peyton looks like. Matthew and I decided it would not be good to bring him to the shower and have all the people touch him and possibly get him sick. Pictures below:
My baby is so cute :) haha
Oh! An update on Peyton's jaundice. He is much better! His eyes are not yellow anymore, and his coloring is much better. He is actually waking us up during the night now, which is why we are so tired haha. It's not too bad though. His feedings are usually around 12:30, 2:30, and 6:30. Give or take. At least it isn't every hour.
I only have two more weeks of maternity leave... and I REALLY don't want to go back to work and leave my baby! It's ok though. I will be ok haha. Quality time, not quantity, right? Right. We can do this. I think...
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment