Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Well this is new...

Yes. I know. I've decided to try this business called "blogging"... Apparently it is THE thing to do now. Ha. My excuse is that I'm bored as anything. I am in my internship, so I thought I was going to be super busy. Am I? Umm no. Not necessarily BUSY... but I barely spend my time at home. I haven't really started teaching any lessons in the classroom yet. Hopefully that will change, because I have to have ten consistent days of me owning the classroom before the end of February.

So this past weekend Matt and I were in Huntsville to get things done. I hadn't been home since Christmas break so I decided it was time to come back. That, and we wanted to look at apartments and get things done at the bank. While we were at the bank we talked to the guy about loans for a house, just to have an idea. It was a good thing we did. When we went to look at apartments, it would be about $800 a month including utilities, internet, cable, water... we might as well just pay for a house! This idea is what kept us busy the SECOND half of Saturday. Dad, Mom, and Josh drove around with us as we looked at houses for sale in neighborhoods.

We found a house that we really really like, and it is within our price range! It is a good starter home, the previous owner redid a lot of stuff, so it is pretty nice inside too. There is a little bit of work to be done, but I wouldn't really call it a "fixer-upper". We just pray that the owners will let us not pay until around June, because we can't afford it till then. Apparently there have been no other offers for the house, or at least no one seriously looking into it. Which is GREAT. Matt and I are so excited. Thinking about this house gets me excited for actually living in Huntsville, though, which gets me excited about having an actual job. Jeez. I really hope I get a job up there, or it will be very hard on us. Think positive. I WILL get a job!! WOO!!

Anyway. Come to think of it, having a blog would have been fun during the whole wedding process. Oh well. Now we get to travel through the jungle of an internship and negotiating houses!! dun dun dun....

No comments:

Post a Comment